Robo Army is a beat ‘em up released in 91 where two cyber soldiers battle an evil army that invades cities to harvest brains to build robots to take over the world. Play its original arcade version online here!
Robo Army is a beat ‘em up developed and published by SNK where two cyber soldiers, Maxima and Rocky, battle Hell Jeed, an evil army that invades cities to harvest brains to build robotic minions and take over the world. This fighting game was originally released in 1991, to the arcades.
In Robo Army, players face off against villains making use of moves combinations, throwing objects and using dropped parts of the enemies as weapons. The game also has a special attack system that make them weaker as they are used. In addition, there is a type of pick-up that, when collected, turns the characters into futuristic cars that are very good for attacking the evil forces. At the end of each area, they’ll need to defeat a boss in order to proceed to the next area.
This beat ’em up was eventually ported to other platforms, such as the Neo Geo home console, Neo Geo CD, Switch, PS4 and Xbox One.
Robo Army can be played by up to two friends simultaneously in the same machine and is here in its original arcade version ready to be played online. This means it will load in your browser, without the need to install or download anything.
- Arrow Keys: Move
- Button A: Z (Jumps)
- Button B: X (Attacks and pick-up objects)
- Button Y: S (Special Attack or kicks when you run out of special)
- Jump + Attack: Reverse kick
- Jump then Attack: Flying kick
- Insert Coin: Shift
- Start: Enter
- Attention: These controls are default for Player 1. Hover your mouse into the lower part of the screen and a control bar will show up. Click on the gamepad icon and set the Player 2 controls if you want to play Robo Army with a friend.
- These default controls can be changed in-game.
More beat ’em up
Added In: May 7th, 2021
Played: 12 times.
Link to Robo Army