Sonic Robo Blast 2 is a Sonic game that remakes the classic games from the Sega mascot into a beautiful 3D platformer, focusing in keeping the atmosphere that made the originals an undisputed phenomena.
Built over an advanced Doom engine named Doom Legacy by the Sonic Team Junior, Sonic Robo Blast 2 is an awesome fangame that brings an adapts the graphics, sound effects, BGM, gameplay and other elements from the Sega Genesis original Sonic games. Everything is masterfully combined into a beautiful and colorful 3D platformer where can not only play with the Classic Sonic (not the scrawny hipster Sonic), but with Tails and Knuckles – each with their own unique abilities.
Sonic Robo Blast 2 is open-source and, even though it isn’t fully completed, it already features tons of levels, enemies, speed, and quite a lot of the fun that the original Sonic games provided. It has a fast-paced multiplayer mode with 2 player split-screen or up to 32 players online in nine different game modes. There is also a cool intro that provides details about the plot.
The above video is a showcase of the game.
This other one is the Sonic Robo Blast 2 intro, with its plot and stuff.
- Beautiful 3D environment, with free movement in all directions;
- Old-school platforming, complete with rings, springs, hazards, reversible gravity and other obstacles;
- Over 20 levels to play, featuring a variety of locations, from green meadows, to deep underwater ruins, mines, mountains and space stations;
- Configurable graphics and control options – play with a modern WASD + Mouse FPS control setup, a relaxed gamepad setup, or anything in between;
- Original soundtrack produced by some of the best Sonic music artists on the Internet;
- Customization: SRB2 includes the ability to create your own levels, characters, game modes, and with knowledge of programming, even a whole new game;
- And much more.
- Sonic Robo Blast 2 @ Gaming Room – With more info, screenshots and stuff. In Portuguese.
The link will open in a new window. (Size: 88.1 MB)