Rebel Wings is a side-scrolling shoot 'em up where you'll take on missions through hostile areas with your ship shooting baddies with your lasers and homing missiles. Join the rebels and re-take back the Earth! Get the full info here.
The enemies are different on each of its 6 stages, especially the bosses, and they become harder and trickier as you progress. Each boss moves on its own unique pattern. Fight through 16 ready levels.
Rebel Wings promises to bring back sweet memories of old school arcade games. It’s played from a side view where you move freely across the screen while the background is moving continuously backwards giving the impression to the player that the ship moves forth. Enjoy the parallax backgrounds that are unique for each level and provide a sense of depth in the game.
The year is 2326, and Earth has been overrun by an alien race known as the Zarkons. The Zarkons have used advanced technology to subjugate humanity, and any attempt at resistance has been brutally crushed. However, in the midst of this chaos, a group of pirates known as the Blackbeards has risen to power. The Blackbeards have no loyalty to anyone but themselves, and they have been raiding both human and Zarkon settlements alike.
To make matters worse, Zarkons have appointed the official human governments which work alongside with the aliens and oppress the humanity altogether.
Several years have passed when a team of rebels approaches you to ask you to join their forces. However, Zarkons have seized all ships and the flights of non authorized ships are forbidden. The rebels have only an old ship that was not designed for battle. The ship was built to collect garbage and scrap metal in space. It is equipped with a tractor beam that is used to pull and collect the items. The rebel’s mechanic managed to mount a laser blaster in order to make it ready for battle.
You agree to join the rebels and fly the ship in a mission to re-take back Earth and drive away all Zarkons, the Blackbeads pirates and the submissive human governments.
Controls and instructions
- WASD, Mouse or Arrow Keys – Move
- Your ship shoots automatically.
- X – Shoots missiles
- You can also tap to play.
- Collect power ups like health, missiles, and bomb that kills every visible enemy to clear the stage.
- Collect the parts from the exploded enemy ships.
- Use the collected scrap as a currency to upgrade your own ship.
- There are some power-ups that you can collect to aid you to complete your mission. These spawn in random and can be health, missiles, and bomb that kills every visible enemy to clear the stage.
The upgrades can be done in
- the laser: rate of fire, damage and multiple shots;
- the missile: damage, accuracy and how many missiles your ship can carry;
- engines: how fast can you move;
- ship: how many hit points the ship has.
More side-scrolling shooters
Added In: November 23rd, 2023
Developer and/or publisher: kpagan
Alternative downloadable version
This game has an alternative version that is downloadable.
It might be interesting for a number of reasons, like playing it offline and stuff:
- Download - Download link or store's listing
- License: Free
- Size: 26 MB
- Operational system(s): Android 5.1 and up
Link to Rebel Wings
Embed this game to your website