Brutal Pico Race
Brutal Pico Race is a fast and raw futurist racing retro Pico-8 game where you'll pick one of the three ship classes, choose a track and try to finish first! You can play it alone or challenge a friend in the split-screen mode!
Brutal Pico Race is a fast and raw futurist racing retro Pico-8 game where you’ll pick one of the three ship classes, choose a track and try to finish first! You can play it alone, against three AI levels or challenge a friend in the split-screen mode!
This game also features some nice controls and a setting that reminded me the F-Zero classic.
Brutal Pico Race can be played in a keyboard or a gamepad.
- Use the arrow keys to choose your ship, track and AI level.
- Press Z, C or N to start.
- When the 2 player mode is selected, the second player can choose his own ship directly with S or F.
- After race, use ↑ and ↓ to choose other ships.
- ← and →: Steer
- Z, C and D: Accelerates
- V, X and M: Brakes
- ↑: Boost
Race (Player 2)
- S and F: Steer
- TAB or Z: Accelerates
- Q: Brakes
- E: Boost
Tricks and tips
- Be careful while using nitro (boost) before entering a turn. It is not always a good idea.
- Health affect how often boost can be activated.
- You can gain some speed by riding on the half pipe in the turns.
- Collision affect health and speed, and you can’t repair your ship in race, so be careful.
- Try not to touch other ship to maximize your speed.
Added In: August 22nd, 2018
Tags: 8-Bit, F-Zero, Futuristic, HTML5, Multiplayer, Nitro, PICO-8, Pixel Art, Race, Retro
Link to Brutal Pico Race